Learn About the Natural Heritage System
When: September 28, 2017 – 6:30 PM
Where: North Simcoe Sports & Recreation Centre
The following is an invitation to the public from the Town of Midland:
”The Natural Heritage System is a foundational element of the new Official Plan and will play a key role in the future of the Town of Midland. Joins us to learn more about:
– Why we need a Natural Heritage System (HNS)
– How the NHS was developed
– What are the implications of the draft Official Plan policies
– What does this mean for the properties in the NHS
Midlandcommunity.ca reminds you that The Official Plan, including the new Natural Heritage System (NHS), was presented in May of this year at an open meeting at the Midland Council Chambers.
This second public meeting will help us better understand what the Natural Heritage System is all about and how it will impact you and your property rights.
- The Natural Heritage System (NHS) applies to woodlands, wetlands, waterfront, valley lands, wildlife and fish habitat, natural and scientific interest.
- You are encouraged to attend and engage on the process as an ‘Appeal Process’ is not available to NHS designated property owners.
- NHS is a component of The Provincial Policy Statement which applies to matters of Provincial interests.
- Midland’s NHS plan impacts over 4,000 acres and 800 properties.