Positing Running For: Ward 1 Councillor
I am running for Midland Town Council because…
• Midland must look at realistic five and ten year fiscal plans so that Council and staff can budget costs and keep taxes at a minimum.
• Infrastructure must be maintained with long range plans for improvements.
• County should be encouraged to implement regular yard waste pickup during summer months.
• Recreational waterfront trail system promoted to attract more tourism.
My vision for Midland is…
I will accomplish this vision by focusing on the following three things…
- Work as a team to make Midland a better place to live, work and visit; harmonize common goals and achievements with Councils and staff. Establish a cooperative municipal environment wherein commercial and employment opportunities are welcomed.
- Establish a manageable tax program to support the level of services that has been enjoyed by residents; establish a roads maintenance program to ensure continuous upgrades to the road networks and sidewalks. Ensure that parks facilities and waterfront are maintained to the highest standards for the enjoyment of all.
- Be accountable; attend meetings and events; be available to listen.
Describe your top three accomplishments that make you a good candidate for Council. For current or previous members of council, please focus on your top three in that role.
During previous eighteen years serving on Midland Council, achievements were numerous
- North Simcoe Sports and Recreation Centre was opened and is a prominent, successful facility.
- Train tracks were removed and the lands were redeveloped for park land, multi-use trails and award winning residential waterfront developments. Endorsed controlled commercial expansions on Highway 12 and County Rd 93 while preserving the integrity of the downtown core. Taxes were stabilized yet service levels were not sacrificed.
- IRDI was morphed into Georgian College. Prospect Boulevard was developed is now paying dividends with a storage facility, the OPP station, Midland INN and now the new commercial complex which will include the new LCBO outlet.
Read Other Candidate Responses:
Gord McKay (incumbent) | James Downer | Sid Hutchinson | Stephan Kramp | Jonathan Reid
Malcolm Dilts | Ruth Hackney | Bob Jeffery | Doug Reed | Mike Ross
Jim Attwood | Scott Campbell | Patricia File | Andrew King | George MacDonald | Jonathan Main | Steven Marks | Zena Pendlebury | Drew Plaxton
Glen Canning | Jack Charlebois | Jack Contin | Carole Nichols | Cody Oschefski | Ute Schmid-Jones
Be the first to comment on "Candidate Response – George MacDonald"