Positing Running For: Ward 3 Councillor
I am running for Midland Town Council because…
As a business professional, and community leader, I believe that I have the qualifications, passion and commitment to make an excellent councillor, because of:
- my business expertise as a procurement professional
- my leadership experience in the not for profit sector
- my reputation for integrity and impartiality
- my ability to listen
and my commitment to work hard to make the best possible fiscally and environmentally sound decisions for Midland.
Together with our citizens, businesses, staff and council, we can turn this next term of office into a successful one, which will bring progress, growth and a bright future to Midland.
My vision for Midland is…
My vision for Midland is one of coherence and cooperation, where we all work together to make Midland a success story for many generations to come.
I will accomplish this vision by focusing on the following three things…
(a) Financial control
I will work diligently to make sure that your tax dollars are spent wisely, and that we look into efficiencies to keep our taxes below the cost of living rate.
(b) Economic Development Plan
With the assistance of the new Economic Development Officer, developers, and local businesses, we should be able to retain existing businesses and attract new investment opportunities to Midland.
(c) Midland Bay Landing Development Plan
The Unimin waterfront project provides Midland with a unique opportunity to turn Midland into THE tourism destination of choice in all of Ontario.
Describe your top three accomplishments that make you a good candidate for Council. For current or previous members of council, please focus on your top three in that role.
- Successfully convinced Midland council to put $10,000 back into the 2014 trails budget out of the 2013 surplus funds.
- Co-founded Georgian Bay Trails (www.georgianbay.org) which is developing new trail connections with our neighbours, in support of Active Transportation and as tourism attractions.
- Developed the Pilgrim Route to bring tourists to the Martyrs Shrine and Midland on a year round basis.
Read Other Candidate Responses: