Positing Running For: Ward 1 Councillor
I am running for Midland Town Council because…
I am running for councillor in Ward 1 because I feel that I have something to offer in terms of professional experience and having a different perspective from most other candidates.
My vision for Midland is…
Midland needs to move forward as opposed to the stagnation we have faced over the past number of years and its results; the highest municipal tax rate in the county; a population that does not grow and little or no job availability for our young people.
I will accomplish this vision by focusing on the following three things…
1) The Midland Bay Landing site will be a continuous waterfront with walkways and bike trails, a live, work and play environment with a mixture of residential, commercial and park space with a fabulous western view over Midland Bay.
2) Lower the municipal portion of all our tax bills – The last council was presented with a KMPG study which should be further examined for cost savings. We also need to examine our costs in relation to other municipalities in the area.
3) Eliminate the political infighting within council. We need a council that will work together as opposed to what we have seen over the past 4 years
Describe your top three accomplishments that make you a good candidate for Council. For current or previous members of council, please focus on your top three in that role.
1) I would like to mention my marriage to my wife Arlene of 30 years next March. Anyone who does not think this is applicable has not been married long enough in my opinion.
2) I have worked as a professionally designated appraiser for over 25 years now, I have a CRA designation from the Appraisal Institute of Canada. I am responsible for my own work and am accountable for it on a daily basis.
3) I served on the Unimin Site Steering Committee and am committed to seeing this development happen.
Read Other Candidate Responses: