Candidates For Council Answer Questions That Matter
MidlandCommunity.ca invited all candidates running for Council in this year’s election to respond to four important questions. We believe the answers provide all voters with additional information to make a more informed decision on who is best suited to lead Midland to a better and brighter future. When you cast your vote on October 22nd, please consider the best talent capable of getting Midland back to work through an unrelenting focus on supporting those things that matter most.
Running For: Councillor Ward 2
I am running for Midland Town Council because…
after 24 years with the Midland Police Service, I remain passionate about serving my community, and have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do so. I am a critical thinker, seek to find truths, and make decisions based on evidence both independently and in team environments to achieve positive outcomes. I am a professional communicator who can work with people from all walks of life, and socioeconomic backgrounds. I am an active listener who believes in seeking input from all sides of an issue, and when needed, will turn to independent subject matter experts for facts. I believe in seeking input from stakeholders before making decisions that affect them, and I pledge to continue to put our Community First. Visit BillGordon.ca
My vision for Midland is...
growth tempered with fiscal responsibility by creating policies that are business and investment friendly; thereby, improving the quality of life for all residents. I believe in nurturing an economy of growth, prosperity, service delivery, inclusion, and community for all.
I will accomplish this vision by focusing on the following three things:
1) Supporting the “Midland Forward” strategic plan and providing the governance that encourages customer service excellence and fair taxation.
2) Supporting the Economic Development initiatives and continue to support efficiencies through strategic partnerships with our neighbouring municipalities.
3) Use my public safety experience to ensure emergency services remain responsive, affordable, and service levels remain both adequate and effective.
Describe your top three accomplishments that make you a good candidate for Council. For current or previous members of council, please focus on your top three as a council member:
1) I am a technical investigator unafraid of holding people accountable. I have both Provincial and Municipal experience, and you can expect me to participate in good governance based on truth, honesty, respect, collaboration, and consultation. I will not participate in shadow councils or other collusion, and will remain responsive,
accessible, and accountable to the entire community.
2) I have 20+ years local business, technology, finance, procurement, and human resource experience.
3) Founded a successful business, understand budgets, and know the difference between a want and a need.
Back to Candidate List